Friday, April 16, 2010

The World Is Mine - Shakespearean Sonnet


I roam around these energetic streets,
Thoughtlessly sprint over the city line.
Yes, the life of I, my guardian beats,
I glimpse to a time when the world is mine.

Confront one another, hurt each other,
Hollering, complaining, even start to whine:
Yet, I despise the need to cope with her,
I glimpse to a time when the world is mine.

I note the ease of the lavish wealthy,
Their hideous souls petrify, in my mind.
I anticipate they dwell unhealthy,
I glimpse to a time when the world is mine.

Conditions alter anon, overtime.
I glimpse to a time when the world is mine.

2 comments:

  1. The World Is Mine Analysis

    In this poem, I simply describe what should change in this world. I describe why these things should change. If the world was mine, these things would happen. I would assure it across the globe.

    In the first stanza, I talk about how kids across the world are being abused. I say it’s by their guardians, but it could be by anyone.

    In the second stanza, I talk about how couples argue and yell at each other, which is not healthy. This happens in every couple, but one of them always deals with the other.

    In the third stanza, I talk about how much I despise the wealthy. I talk about the lavish wealthy. Wealthy people who are selfish with their money and themselves will not get anywhere. When the world is mine, “I anticipate they dwell unhealthy”.

    Basically, I’m imagining in this poem. If the world was mine, there’d be change for the better. This is what I’m trying to get across. The world, as we know it, needs change. Jesus cries over the Earth because he knows it needs change and the world is not in a good condition at all.

    ReplyDelete